Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Angels in my mind






The snow is falling again and how pretty it is! I believe this is the third snow of the month and so very unusual for this area. I grew up with snow during the winter time and seeing it again brings back fond memories of laying on the ground in the snow making snow angels as a child all bundled up in mittens and boots, the silly hat with a pom pom ball on top and a puffy winter coat all that stuff your mom made you put on before going out in the cold. Thanks to mom for that as I think back then I would have just run out in the snow with my footed pj's  if I could have, just to build a snowman or catch snowflakes on my tongue.  Im not sure if everyone knows what a snow angel is but you lay on your back in the snow and move your arms back and forth above your head while laying on your back in the snow and you get up to admire the snow angel you have made! How fun!  Oh the memories, maybe I will just run out and make a snow angel in the undisturbed canvas of snow, wouldn't that just be a hoot!   Seeing it again several times and how pretty it makes the landscape when you look outside in the morning the white fluffy powdery flakes floating through the sky in different sizes and shapes just giving a pure sense of calmness to your mind and soul!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States